Profile & Proud Facts
St. Francis de Sales School is part of a long history of academic excellence in Catholic education. Catholic schools traditionally impart values, discipline, and structure within a strong academic framework.
Our students in grades 2-8 participate in the Terra Nova standardized test every October. The Terra Nova includes multiple choice, short answer, extended response, matching, and interpretation of graphs, diagrams, and drawings. St. Francis de Sales School uses the data collected from these tests to evaluate, plan, and establish educational priorities.
At St. Francis de Sales, we’re proud of the facts !
- Founded in 1850
- Accredited by the Catholic Conference of Ohio
- Number of Classrooms = 11
- Algebra for High School credit for qualifying 8th graders
- Hot Lunch Program
- Computer Lab w/PC’s, Netbooks, Ipads
- Interactive Video Distance Learning Lab (IVDL)
- Computers and a Smart Board in every classroom
- 13 experienced, certified teachers plus classroom aides
- Art, Music, Physical Education, Enriched Math classes
- Reading Special and Math Specialist
- Activities include: Altar serving, Art Club, Athletics, Book Club, Chess Club, Choir, Drama Club, Field Trips, First Lego League, Grandparent’s Day, Science/History Day, 8th grade Ropes, Scouts, Walk for Education, Spanish Club, STEM program, Extended Day Program, Study Tables